Noi Bai airport is located 35km from downtown Hanoi so airport transport is quite an issue for any visitor, especially those who arrive in Hanoi for the first time. Fortunately, you have a wide range of choices for your travel from private to public transport.
By Public Bus
If you are confident in your travel skills, or are quite familiar with Hanoi transportation, you can give public bus a try. Keep going past the minibuses and through the car park, you will find the public buses. Buses run every 15-20 minutes from 5 a.m. to 10 p.m.
There are two choices for you:
- Bus #7 (Cost VND8,000) runs between the airport and Cau Giay bus station in the West of the city.
- Bus #17 (Cost VND9,000) rides you from the airport to the Long Bien bus station (near the Old Quarter) and vice versa. This is to the north of Old Quarter and about a 20-minute walk to the hotels on that side of town
- Price: 5,000 VND (0.3 USD) per person
- Duration: 1 hour
Be noted that buses can be extremely crowded and you will need to transfer from bus station to your hotel. If you have heavy and luggage, you may not be allowed to get on, or may be charged for two seats.
- Be aware that the new international terminal 2 is 1km away from terminal 1.
- Be warned the driver may not have any change if you only have large notes.
2. Airport shuttle Nasco Hanoi
Shuttle buses are large, comfortable and have bright orange coaches.
Bus drop you off at their office on Tran Quang Khai to the east of Hoan Kiem lake. Hanoi shuttle bus leaves the airport when full.
Where to take shuttle bus at Noi Bai Airport
Outside the terminal, turn right past the taxi lines to reach the minibuses. The “official” airport minibus leaves from both T1 and T2. For passengers leaving the arrival hall of T2, turn right and you will see the “official” minibus stand with the logo of a minibus and the sign “Vietnam Airlines”.
Vietnam Airlines’ minibuses running from centre Hanoi to the airport start at No. 2 Quang Trung Street.
Price: 30,000 VND/ 1 pax (1.5 USD).
Fares to other destinations in Hanoi are higher (US$4). Make sure to confirm destination and fare before boarding the minibus.
- Bus pick up you at Vietnam Airlines Office on 2 Quang Trung St . They can leave late as they try to fill them
- Duration: 40-60 minutes depending on traffic
- Be aware that the bus is very crowded.
Be noted that minibuses from both the airport and the city bus stop only leave when they are full. Therefore, sometimes you are at risk of being squeezed.
- You can also hire a whole minibus for VND500,000.
- Besides, there are individually operated minibuses that typically charge VND100,000 for one-way ride. They may drop you somewhere near the Old Quarter.
3. Airport taxi coupon
You have to buy taxi coupon just outside of the main Terminal 1 of Noi Bai international airport. Vietnam airlines Taxi and Noi Bai airport taxi are 2 official companies providing good service. It has fix price at 350,000 VND (17 $US) including Toll Fee, go to Hanoi no matter where you go in the city center.
4. Taxi at Noi Bai Airport
Otherwise, you can pick a taxi on your own. Just get out of the terminal and you can see, against the curb, a line of taxis from various companies waiting. You can catch a waiting taxi or wait for one to come near you. There will be some drivers who get out of their cars or some taxi touts to invite you to a particular taxi.
Taxi fare is charged according to taxi meter. Usually, the final price can be anything between VND325,000 and VND475,000 depending on where you go and which brand of taxi you take. The ride takes about 45-60 minutes based on the traffic and your hotel’s location.
5/ Private transfer from Noi Bai Airport to Hanoi old quarter
It’s very nice to have someone waiting for you at the airport, after you exit the baggage claim, ready to take you to your destination…Price is fixed. You travel with hassle free
Book it in advance and the driver will wait for you with a name plate just outside the arrival lounge.
|4 seat||7 seat||16 seat|
|Ha Noi airport- Ha Noi center||17$||22$||32$|
|Ha Noi Center- Ha Noi airport||12$||17$||27$|
|Ha Noi airport- Ha Long Bay ( 1way )||100$||110$||125$|
|Ha Noi- Ha Long Bay Full Day||110$||120$||135$|
|Ha Noi- Ha Long Bay 2 days 1 night||150$||170$||190$|
|Ha Noi city tour Full Day||65$||75$||95$|